About Me

My photo
It's life. 24 Hours a day. But to me, it's just seems like one really long coffee-break.

Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm hitting on +3 and wounding on +4?

I played Warhammer 40k yesterday.

I'm still getting used to the rules and stuff, but it's really fun and really expensive. Ever since the York strike, I've been embracing the nerdier side of me even more so.

I'm actually not that worried that people will look at me when I go into a Games Workshop store.

Today, the Union will finally vote as to whether or not the strike will resume. I'm not too worried, since I've stayed on top of my reading (I knew all that time I spent in the library was a good thing) but at this point, I mean really...

How will the University compensate the value of the education I was supposed to receive? I could care less for the opportunity of my credits. A final post-secondary grade is nothing more than a piece of paper if I didn't do squat for it.

Bah.

I was at the YMCA today working-out, when I read about the cease-fire between the Hamas and Israel. In my opinion, it shouldn't have taken three weeks and a death toll of over 1200 to come to terms for a cease-fire.

The Globe and Mail article stated something I found interesting.

"...While Israel might have won in military and deterrent standards, they have lost in the political agenda... If the Hamas lost in military gains, clearly they have won the political side."

...Or something along those lines. I'm afraid the writers forgot to include that no one really wins in a war. But we all know, journalists are never supposed present idealism as plainly as that.

Other than that, my day was pretty plain. My accomplishment for the day? I started reading Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey at Starbucks.


Signed,
Rio

No comments:

Post a Comment