About Me

My photo
It's life. 24 Hours a day. But to me, it's just seems like one really long coffee-break.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Street Fighter + Hip Hop = Thumbs up


I was at my friend's house the other day playing some strategic 'defend your base' video game (it's called Monsters) on his PS3, and as much as I enjoy the game, I couldn't help but notice how dull the background music was.

So I asked my buddy to upload any playlist from his browser to keep me from sleeping. And volia! He introduced me to a playlist of Street Fighter Underground Hip Hop remixes.

I've got a variety of taste in music, mind you but I prefer Indie Rock over most things.

So upon listening, I developed a sudden craving for hip hop remixes and street fighter. There's something exciting about listening to DJ scratches and random slurring combined with old school fighting games.

I like to picture lots of different colours smashing into each other like cymbals in the sky. And no, I am not under any influence of any sort.

I was also thinking of picking up a PC gaming controller just to relive street fighter (with the awesome Hip Hop remixes playing in the background). Maybe I will.


Or maybe I should be more scholarly and finish my readings. We'll see how the rest of my York strike goes.


Signed,
Rio

1 comment: