About Me

My photo
It's life. 24 Hours a day. But to me, it's just seems like one really long coffee-break.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Strike is Awesome in Bowling


But not when it is used in conjuction with an institution such as York University.



I usually check the status on the website on a daily basis but sadly nothing has changed, other than the University now decorating its proposal (they're now describing it as a "fair, responsible and sustainable" offer).



I've looked over it, and it's actually not that bad. I do realize that members of CUPE 3903 will still have to struggle to get past the poverty line, but at moments like this (sitting at home for a month) I'd like to say it's time to put down the picket signs, and cash in your lottery ticket. Even if it's only ten bucks.



Oh and get this, as of December 11th 2008 tutorial assistants at the University of Toronto (Cupe 3902) have voted 63% in favour of a strike. Don't believe me? http://oncampus.macleans.ca/education/2008/12/11/union-supports-strike-at-utoronto-if-demands-not-met/



I can see how anxiety must play a very large role, especially when you're dealing with job security. With higher living standards, and the economy at all time low, I'm guessing people want to do more than just survive.



I hate to admit it, but it looks like Post-Secondary life is turning into an "everyone for themselves" brawl.


Signed,

Rio

(image taken from http://www.3903strike.ca/)
You might want to check out the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment