About Me

My photo
It's life. 24 Hours a day. But to me, it's just seems like one really long coffee-break.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Hence adventure hearthens upon thee

I've got through a little more than a third of Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre, this weekend.

I have seriously become a reading machine in the last two days. 'Like whales in the ocean, only coming up for air when they need it' type-reading-machine.

The book is interesting enough (so far). It reminds me of Memoirs of a Geisha, but less vivid and more traditional.

Aside from that, I am currently in recovery-mode. I went snowboarding yesterday, and I can now declare that I can actually snowboard (albeit not as graceful as I'd like to appear).

I learned how to toe-side (controlling more or less with the edge of your rear foot, backwards) and effectively prevent a complete bailout from bombing a hill with it.



Although I didn't go without injuries, haha. I believe I've slightly bruised my tail-bone, my left knee, my right wrist and neck. My body's a little sore, but it goes without question.

I did try to jump off 3 ramps. I caught more air than I thought and I landed...

On the back of my neck.

Yeah, just imagine the excruciating pain.

Anyway, I've got class tomorrow for the first time since November! Oh pure and true education! How I've missed you so!

Did you hear that? T'was a sigh of relief and sarcasm.

Signed,
Rio

2 comments:

  1. Where do u go snowboarding?? is it in 'sauga?

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy crap rio...
    so why wasnt i informed of this snowboarding trip? :(

    ReplyDelete